1 package (16 oz.) Marie Callender’s Original Corn Bread Mix
4 Tablespoons Butter, melted & cooled slightly
1-1/2 cups Milk
2/3 cups dried cut-up Cranberries
1 Tablespoon finely grated Orange Zest
1 cup sifted powdered Sugar
2 Tablespoons fresh Orange Juice, more as needed
Strips of Orange Zest, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9”x5” loaf pan with baking spray.
- Empty dry corn bread mix into a medium bowl; add chopped cranberries. Using fingertips, coat cranberries with the dry mix, separating any clumps of cranberries; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until blended; slowly whisk in butter. Whisk in milk and orange zest. Add corn bread mix and gently whisk until the batter is uniform and large lumps disappear. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake loaf in center of oven 55-60 minutes, or until a rich golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove pan to wire rack to cool for 15 minutes. Carefully run a sharp knife around edges of pan and turn the loaf onto a rack to cool completely.
- Make glaze: In a small bowl, whisk powdered sugar and enough orange juice to make a smooth glaze. If glaze is too dry, add more orange juice ½ teaspoon at a time as needed. If glaze is too runny, add more powdered sugar. Spread over cooled loaf and garnish with orange zest, if desired.
Makes 10-12 servings